Accurate Coding for Office Procedures
and Telehealth Services
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN AN On-Demand Workshop
- Remote learning allows time-pressed surgeons and their staff stay abreast and ahead of coding issues without the cost or hassle of travel.
- Active learning while participating in live question and answer sessions.
- Earn 3.0 CEU and CME credits.
- KZA experts present to you in the comfort of your home or office.
- Quality KZA tools are downloadable, making implementation easy.
This information jammed course will cover critical updates to Medicare and telehealth happening in 2021, things you must know to bill and get paid appropriately!! It also covers those all-important activities that general surgeons do daily, such as biopsies, skin excisions, debridement, and more.
As always, with KZA, you will receive a comprehensive workbook that covers every topic discussed and will become your coding guide for years to come. At KZA we pride ourselves on never reading the slides, we deliver engaging and well-researched nuances of coding to improve your coding accuracy and reduce your denials.
This 3-hour interactive course will feature two seasoned speakers well known in the general surgery community, Teri Romano, BSN, MBA, CPC, CMDP, and Jennifer Bell, MSOLE, CPC, CPMA, CHC. Questions will be encouraged and will be answered in the course or after as time permits.
- Describe the key Medicare changes for 2021.
- Detail the key telehealth rules for 2021 for during and after the public health emergency.
- Accurately code common office procedures.
- Understand the guidelines for use of modifier 25, 24 and 57
You will receive a physical workbook(s) approximately four business days after you register. Workbooks will be shipped via FedEx to the address(es) provided in the order. If staff will be viewing from home, please indicate where the workbooks should be sent.
After registering you will receive an initial confirmation with details for the workshop. Additionally, you will receive an email with login instructions. This is necessary to participate in the workshop. Check your spam folder in case the email is directed to that folder.
It is important that you provide the email address of the person who will be participating in the event. Each separate participant requires a unique email address.
*You will have access to the content for 30 days from the time you receive the access information. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
$495 for ACS members
$645 for non-members
2021 AAPC Accreditation
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 3.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Credit is available after the completion of an evaluation.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The American College of Surgeons designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Of the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ listed above, a maximum of 3 credits meet the requirements for Self-Assessment.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying handout without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
Medicare Update 2021
Telehealth 2021 and Beyond
- Telehealth billing during the public health emergency (PHE)
- Telehealth billing after the end of the PHE
- Documentation tips for telehealth visits
- Other services not restricted by telehealth regulations.
- The future of telehealth
- Biopsy coding
- Non-Excisional Skin
- Breast, percutaneous and incisional
- Fine needle aspiration and Biopsy
- Skin lesion excision
- Benign vs malignant
- Location and size documentation
- Wound Repair
- Simple, intermediate, and complex
- Documentation imperatives
- Wound Therapy and Debridement
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- What’s included and what is separately; billable
- Modifier 25 and office procedures
- Guidelines and proper use
- Risk of inappropriate use
- Modifier 24 in the global period
- Modifier 57
The Future of Telehealth
- When will PHE end?
- CMS action for future
- What are commercial payors going to do?
Consultant and Speaker
Consultant and Speaker