Evaluation & Management 2.0
2021 E/M Guidelines for Orthopaedics
WHY PARTICIPATE IN A VIRTUAL MEETING?
- Time pressed surgeons will find distance learning keeps them abreast of up to date coding and documentation rules.
- With travel limitations, this is a great option.
- Earn CEU credits.
- Get KZA’s expert coding education from the comfort of your own home or office.
- Participate live by submitting questions to speakers and participating in polling.
Evaluation & Management 2.0 Workshop
2021 E/M Guidelines for Orthopaedics –
Thursday, March 18th | 12:00 – 3:00 PM Central
Starting in January 2021, two sets of guidelines will be in play for E/M coding; one for new and established office/outpatient visits, and one for all other E/M encounters.
This 2.5 hour virtual course analyzes the 2021 CPT E/M guidelines that will apply to office new and established patient visits, presenting them in a distilled, understandable. Building on what providers are currently doing, the restructured elements of Medical Decision Making and Time are broken down and explained.
We’ll review example E/M notes, and allow plenty of time for Q&A. Participants will have the opportunity to apply their understanding and leave empowered with a “To Do List” for successful transition.
- Gain a greater understanding of the overall 2021 changes to E/M, including the subtle nuances and reasons behind the revisions.
- Understand how Medical Decision Making has been revised under the 2021 changes that will affect only codes 99201-99215.
- Differentiate how Time is defined in 2021, and what activities can be counted when selecting the level of service for codes 99201-99215.
- Learn what the performance of history and exam “only as medically appropriate” means.
*You will receive and initial confirmation email after registering and the login information for the meeting approximately 1 week in advanced. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
$499 per participant
2020 AAPC Accreditation
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 2.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Credit is available after the completion of an evaluation.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying handout without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
ALL TIMES IN CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (CST)
2021 KZA predictions to focus your documentation
- Why the overhaul to E/M?
Comparing Original to 2021 Guidelines for New & Established Outpatient Visits
- Where did this new stuff come from?
2021 Restructured Medical Decision Making Elements
New & Established Outpatient Visits
- Number and complexity of Problems Addressed
- Problems, Illnesses & Injuries: how are they defined?
- How is the complexity of the problem determined
- Introducing the KZA “complexity of problems” flashcard resource
- Data to be Reviewed and Analyzed
- What is “data”?
- CPT defines terms.
- How is the analysis documented?
- Introducing the KZA “data” flashcard resource
- Risk of Complications and/or Morbidity or Mortality of Patient Management
- Documentation of management options entertained/selected.
- CPT defines terms
- How do comorbidities impact management options?
- Introducing the KZA “risk” flashcard resource
- What is included in the new ranges?
- What work and whose work is counted when time is used?
- Questions and answers
E/M Guidelines Quiz: Current vs 2021
Case Documentation Review Using 2021 Guidelines
- Auditing documentation with the new tool
Using Flashcards to assist documentation
- It is not about adding things to your documentation. It is about documenting the MDM work you already do,
10 Steps to a Successful Transition
Consultant and Speaker