Evaluation & Management 2.0
2021 E/M Guidelines for Orthopaedics
WHY PARTICIPATE IN A VIRTUAL MEETING?
- Time pressed surgeons will find distance learning keeps them abreast of up to date coding and documentation rules.
- With travel limitations, this is a great option.
- Get KZA’s expert coding education from the comfort of your own home or office.
- Participate live by submitting questions to speakers and participating in polling.
Evaluation & Management 2.0 Workshop
2021 E/M Guidelines for Orthopaedics – July 30th
Course begins at 1 PM CST and adjourns at 4:00 PM CST.
This live three-hour course analyzes the 2021 CPT E/M guidelines and presents them in the distilled understandable format that is KZA’s signature.
Building on what providers are currently doing, the restructured elements of medical decision making (MDM) are broken down and thoroughly explained.
By limiting enrollment and allowing for Q&A, participants will have the opportunity to confirm their understanding and leave empowered with a “To Do List” for successful transition.
The flashcards serve 3 functions—education, documentation, and building customizable templates. Photograph these concise, colored flash cards on your phone to assist you in learning how to adapt the 2021 documentation requirements for medical decision making.
The audit tool is an edited version of the CPT guidelines restructured for easy use and education. During the course, we will use the tool to review notes and ‘score” them based on the MDM that is documented.
The flash cards, audit tool, and important 2021 definitions are part of the 15 page handout that is included in the course price. A link will be emailed following registration. The handout must be printed by the participant before the course to achieve the maximum educational benefit.
- Name three elements required for MDM in 2021 for new and established patient visits
- Differentiate time ranges and requirements in the current and 2021 guidelines
- Apply the correct guidelines depending on the category of E/M service
*You will receive and initial confirmation email after registering and the login information for the meeting approximately 1 week in advanced. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying handout without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
ALL TIMES IN CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (CST)
2021 KZA predictions to focus your documentation
- Why the overhaul to E/M?
Comparing Original to 2021 Guidelines for New & Established Outpatient Visits
- Where did this new stuff come from?
2021 Restructured Medical Decision Making Elements
New & Established Outpatient Visits
- Number and complexity of Problems Addressed
- Problems, Illnesses & Injuries: how are they defined?
- How is the complexity of the problem determined
- Introducing the KZA “complexity of problems” flashcard resource
- Data to be Reviewed and Analyzed
- What is “data”?
- CPT defines terms.
- How is the analysis documented?
- Introducing the KZA “data” flashcard resource
- Risk of Complications and/or Morbidity or Mortality of Patient Management
- Documentation of management options entertained/selected.
- CPT defines terms
- How do comorbidities impact management options?
- Introducing the KZA “risk” flashcard resource
- What is included in the new ranges?
- What work and whose work is counted when time is used?
- Questions and answers
E/M Guidelines Quiz: Current vs 2021
Case Documentation Review Using 2021 Guidelines
- Auditing documentation with the new tool
Using Flashcards to assist documentation
- It is not about adding things to your documentation. It is about documenting the MDM work you already do,
10 Steps to a Successful Transition
Consultant and Speaker