November 15, 2018
What’s not included in the diagnostic cervico-cerebral imaging codes and can be reported separately?
The diagnostic cervicocerebral imaging codes do not include:
- Interventional procedures such as angioplasty or embolization,
- Endovascular stent placement
- Ultrasound guidance for vascular access, e.g., 76937 with 36221-36228
- Selective arterial catheterization outside the carotid and vertebral arteries and branches, if warranted
- 3-D rendering, e.g., 76376 or 76377
- Moderate sedation (99151-99157).
Do you have additional questions about neuroendovascular coding? We are happy to provide coding/documentation education to your group on this subject.
*This response is based on the best information available as of 11/15/18.