November 30, 2017
What’s not included in the diagnostic cervicocerebral imaging codes and can be reported separately?
The diagnostic cervicocerebral imaging codes do not include:
- Interventional procedures such as angioplasty or embolization
- Endovascular stent placement
- Ultrasound guidance for vascular access, e.g., 76937 with 36221-36228
- Selective arterial catheterization outside the carotid and vertebral arteries and branches
- 3-D rendering, e.g., 76376 or 76377
- Moderate sedation (99151-99157).
*This response is based on the best information available as of 11/30/17.