*agenda subject to change
7:15AM - 8:00AM
Check-in and Breakfast (provided)
8:00AM - 9:30AM
Evaluation and Management Coding and Documentation
- Overview of E/M Codes
- Categories of E/M Codes
- When to report an outpatient/office consultation code (9924x) – yes, some payors still reimburse for these codes!
- New patient (9920x)
- Established patient (9921x)
- Emergency department (9928x)
- Inpatient consultation (9925x)
- Initial hospital care (9922x)
- Subsequent hospital care (9923x)
- Discharge (99238, 99239)
- Observation services (99217, 99218-99220, 99224-99226, 99234-99236)
- Levels of E/M Codes
- Medical decision making
- Category + Level = E/M Code
- Using Time to Select a Code
- Medicare’s Relative Value Units for E/M Codes
9:30AM - 10:00AM
- Modifiers 24
- Modifier 25
- E/M and Procedure on the Same Day
- Cerumen Removal (Note: cerumen removal will NOT be discussed during the Saturday course)
- Diagnostic Endoscopies: Nasal Endoscopy, Flexible Laryngoscopy, Nasopharyngoscopy
- Modifier 57
10:00AM - 10:15AM
10:15AM - 10:30AM
Other E/M Codes NEW!
Don’t miss out on opportunities to report these services!
- Smoking Cessation
- Prolonged Services
- Telephone Calls
- Team Conferences
- Chronic Care Management
10:30AM - 11:15AM
2021 E/M Code Changes – Get Ready Now! NEW!
For once we have early information about new coding guidelines and code changes! CPT and CMS agree on something: “Patients over Paperwork.” Big changes to the new patient (9920x) and established patient (9921x) codes! You’ll learn about these changes now so you can prepare providers and create templates for what’s required starting 1/1/21! Don’t delay – there’s real work to do!