E/M Coding & Office Procedure Coding
WHY attend a virtual meeting?
- Since we can not travel, this is a great option.
- Receive the same great workbook and alumni resources.
- Participate live by submitting questions to speakers and participating in polling.
- Earn up to 4.0 CEU credit hours.
E/M Coding & Office Procedure Coding – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021
Course begins at 8 AM CST and adjourns at 12 PM CST
2021 AAPC Accreditation
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 4.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
After registering you will receive an initial confirmation with details for the workshop. You will receive an additional email with login instructions.
Check your spam folder in case the email is directed to that folder. It is important that you provide the email address of the person who will be participating in the event. Each separate participant requires a unique email address.
*You will have access to the content for 30 days from the time you receive the access information. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Once you receive your login information you can test your connection on the device you will be using for the on-demand workshop.
You will receive a physical workbook(s) prior to the virtual meeting by Fed Ex. The workbooks will be sent to the address provided in the order. If staff will be attending from home please indicate where the book should be sent. If they should be sent to a different address please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the address.
Even though you aren’t in the room with the instructor you will still have the opportunity to ask questions. There will be designated Q&A segments for each course during which both in-person and remote attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions. These questions will be submitted through a panel on the virtual meeting player.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying workbook without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
7:15AM - 8:00AM
Check-in and Breakfast (provided)
8:00AM - 10:00AM
Evaluation and Management Coding and Documentation
- Overview of E/M Codes
- Categories of E/M Codes
- When to report an outpatient/office consultation code (9924x)
- New patient (9920x)
- Established patient (9921x)
- Emergency department (9928x)
- Inpatient consultation (9925x)
- Initial hospital care (9922x)
- Subsequent hospital care (9923x)
- Discharge (99238, 99239)
- Observation services (99217, 99218-99220, 99224-99226, 99234-99236)
- Levels of E/M Codes
- New 9920x, 9921x code guidelines: medical decision making or time
- All other code guidelines: history/examination/medical decision making or time
10:00AM - 10:15AM
10:15AM - 10:30AM
Evaluation and Management Coding and Documentation (continued)
10:30AM - 11:30AM
- Modifier 24
- Modifier 25
- E/M and procedure on the same day
- Removal of impacted cerumen (Note: cerumen removal will NOT be discussed during the Saturday course)
- Diagnostic endoscopies: nasal endoscopy, flexible laryngoscopy, nasopharyngoscopy; endoscopic sinus debridements
- Modifier 57
11:30AM - 11:45AM
Telehealth Update 2021
11:45AM - 12:00PM
Medicare: Non-Physician Practitioner Billing Guidelines
Consultant and Speaker