Ignite Your E/M Coding
WHY participate in an on-demand workshop?
- Learn at your own pace. Start and stop when it is convenient for you.
- With travel limitations, this is a great option.
- Interact live with Kim Pollock for a subsequent 1-hour Q&A session – choose from October 29th, November 4th, and November 18th
- Earn 3.75 CME credit hours and 3.0 CEU credit hours after completing an evaluation and an online test.
- Receive the same great workbook and alumni resources.
- Receive your essential 118 page workbook approximately four business days after you register.
Our dual focus is on E/M coding principles for 2020 while preparing you for the comprehensive CPT and CMS E/M changes for 2021. You will dive into correct E/M coding for 2020 as well as 2021 and compare the documentation requirements for each year.
We will also refresh your knowledge of non-physician provider coding to include CPT’s first-ever mention of shared/split coding and discuss how to accurately apply E/M modifiers, including 24, 25, and 57.
- Describe the necessary key components of Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the difference between the 2020 E/M documentation requirements compared to the new 2021 E/M documentation requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of when to report consultation codes instead of other E/M codes to increase reimbursement when applicable.
- Report E/M services with modifier 25 compliantly.
- Distinguish the differences between the diagnostic endoscopy codes 31231, 31575, and 92511.
- Describe the documentation requirements for using the cerumen removal code, 69210, and when an E/M code may be separately reported.
- Apply E/M modifiers accurately.
- Identify key requirements for “incident to,” direct, and shared/split billing non-physician practitioners (NPPs).
Ignite Your E/M Coding
CPT Power Coding
Combo Ignite Your E/M Coding & CPT Power Coding
Buy both and save over $250!
2020 CME Credit for Physicians
This activity has been approved for 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Credit is available after completion of an evaluation and a test.
2020 AAPC Accreditation
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 3.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Credit is available after completion of an evaluation and a 40 question test.
You will receive a physical workbook(s) approximately four business days after you register. Workbooks will be shipped via FedEx to the address(es) provided in the order. If staff will be viewing from their homes, please provide the address where the workbooks should be sent.
After registering you will receive an initial confirmation with details for the workshop. Additionally, you will receive an email with login instructions. This is necessary to participate in the workshop. Check your spam folder in case the email is directed to that folder.
It is important that you provide the email address of the person who will be participating in the event. Each separate participant requires a unique email address.
*You will have access to the content for 30 days from the time you receive the access information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Interact live with Kim Pollock for a subsequent 1-hour Q&A session – choose from October 29th, November 4th, and November 18th
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying workbook without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
1 hour 30 minutes
Evaluation and Management Coding and Documentation
- Overview of E/M Codes
- Categories of E/M Codes
- When to report an outpatient/office consultation code (9924x)
- New patient (9920x)
- Established patient (9921x)
- Emergency department (9928x)
- Inpatient consultation (9925x)
- Initial hospital care (9922x)
- Subsequent hospital care (9923x)
- Discharge (99238, 99239)
- Observation services (99217, 99218-99220, 99224-99226, 99234-99236)
- Levels of E/M Codes
- Medical decision making
- Category + Level = E/M Code
- Using Time to Select a Code
- Modifiers 24
- Modifier 25
- E/M and Procedure on the Same Day
- Removal of impacted cerumen (Note: cerumen removal will NOT be discussed during the Saturday course)
- Diagnostic Endoscopies: Nasal Endoscopy, Flexible Laryngoscopy, Nasopharyngoscopy
- Modifier 57
Other E/M Codes
- Smoking Cessation
- Prolonged Services
- Telephone Calls
- Team Conferences
- Chronic Care Management
2021 E/M Code Changes – Get Ready Now! NEW!
Medicare: Non-Physician Practitioner Billing Guidelines
Consultant and Speaker