*agenda subject to change
1:00 PM - 1:15 PM
E/M Categories of Service: Office, Consultations, Inpatient, Observation
1:15 PM - 3:00 PM
E/M Levels of Service: Office and Outpatient Setting (99202-99215)
- MDM Criteria – key definitions
- Time Criteria
- Exercises: Documentation Review Using 2021 Guidelines
3:00PM - 3:15PM
3:15 PM - 3:45 pm
E/M Levels of Service: Other Settings
- History, Exam, Medical Decision Making: Key Documentation Issues
- What’s on the horizon for E/M changes?
3:45 pm - 4:15 PM
E/M Modifiers 24, 57, 25
- Modifier 25 with E/M services and joint injections
- When shouldn’t E/M services and procedures be reported together?
- Appeal strategies for E/M and office procedures.
4:15 -pm 4:45 pm
PA and NP Billing for Medicare
- Define “incident to”, split/shared, and direct reporting.
- 2021 CPT addresses split/shared for the first time.
- Differentiate billing options for office and hospital places of service.
- Tools for tracking payor use of these reporting options
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- Does your radiology interpretation stand up to scrutiny?
- Understand requirements for reporting a global X-ray service vs. taking medical decision-making points.