*agenda subject to change
12:00PM - 1:00PM
1:00pm - 3:00pm
What payors know and how they use it to deny or recapture payments
- Just because it is in the note, doesn’t mean it was necessary to make a diagnosis or treat a problem!
- How Medical Necessity will change in 2021 UPDATE!
- Discover how your documentation impacts the diagnosis codes you report.
- Not everything on the problem list automatically relates to all services.
- Should the diagnosis begin with S or M? What the difference is, and why it’s important.
E/M Category and Levels of Service
- 2020 CPT E/M Codes new and revised
- 2021 CPT E/M updates The most significant change to E/M reporting in the past 20 years. Prepare Now!
- Category of E/M service
- Level of service documentation
- History, Exam, Medical Decision Making
- Note annotation
3:00PM - 3:15PM
3:15PM - 5:00PM
E/M Case Reviews
- 2020 vs. 2021 comparisons NEW!
- Medical Decision Making & Time
E/M Modifiers 24, 57, 25
- Modifier 25 with E/M services and joint injections
- Prevent denials with good documentation.
- When shouldn’t E/M services and procedures be reported together?
- Appeal strategies for E/M and office procedures
- Does your radiology interpretation stand up to scrutiny?
- Understand requirements for reporting a global X-ray service vs. taking medical decision-making points.
- Where does this fit into “time” for visits in 2021?
PA and NP Billing for Medicare NEW!
- Define “incident to”, split/shared, and direct reporting.
- 2021 CPT addresses split/shared for the first time.
- Differentiate billing options for office and hospital places of service.
- Tools for tracking payor use of these reporting options