*agenda subject to change
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
CPT and CMS/NCCI for 2022 –
What’s New or Changed
- New and revised CPT codes
Global Surgical Package / AAOS Global Service Guidelines / NCCI Guidelines
- Navigate the maze of coding vs. reimbursement rules that impact your orthopaedic practice.
- H&P vs Patient Optimization – What’s the Difference?
- Spotlight on AAOS Global Service Guideline changes
- CMS Changes to CPT Global Days
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Defend same-day and global period services from denial.
- Identify the difference between modifier 51 and 59 – key in shoulder and knee
10:00AM - 10:15AM
10:15 AM - 11:30 AM
- CPT 2022 Musculoskeletal Guideline Revisions – Important!
- Fractures in the ER, Urgent Care and the office – to use global fracture codes or not?
- Fracture treatment shared by NPPs and physicians
- Hardware removal – updated AAOS guidance
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy – updated AAOS guidance
11:30AM - 12:30PM
12:30 PM - 2:15 PM
Surgical Coding Concepts for:
- Joint Arthroplasty (Hip, Knee, Shoulder) – Important changes!
- Sports Medicine
- Foot & Ankle