*agenda subject to change
7:15AM - 8:00AM
Check-in and Breakfast
8:00AM - 10:00AM
CPT and NCCI for 2019 – What’s New or Changed NEW!
Global Surgical Package / AAOS Global Service Guidelines / NCCI Guidelines
- Navigate the maze of coding vs. reimbursement rules that impact your orthopaedic practice.
- H&Ps – Are They Billable?
- Defend same-day and global period services from denial.
- Identify the difference between modifier 51 and 59 – key in shoulder, knee, and spine.
10:00AM - 10:15AM
10:15AM - 11:30AM
- What exactly is restorative care?
- Fractures in the ER, Urgent Care and the office – to use global fracture codes or not?
- Fracture treatment shared by NPPs and physicians
- Is that E/M -57 code significant and supported? NEW!
11:30AM - 12:30PM
12:30PM - 2:15PM
Surgical Coding Concepts for:
- Sports Medicine
- Adult Reconstruction
- Foot & Ankle procedures
New and more exercises will spark your coding confidence.
2:15PM - 2:30PM
2:30PM - 3:30PM
Surgical Coding Concepts (continued)
3:30PM - 4:00PM
Hierarchical Condition Categories and Comorbidities
• What’s the connection and why are they important?