Power E/M Coding & Office Procedure Coding
why attend a virtual meeting?
- Since we can not travel, this is a great option.
- Receive the same great workbook and alumni resources.
- Participate live by submitting questions to speakers and participating in polling.
- Earn up to 4.0 CEU credit hours.
Power E/M Coding & Office Procedure Coding – Friday, September 24, 2021
Course begins at 1 PM CST and adjourns at 5 PM CST
Starting in January 2021, two sets of guidelines came into play for E/M coding; one for new and established office/outpatient visits, and one for all other E/M encounters.
Have your providers moved seamlessly between these guidelines to optimize E/M revenue? If not, updating their knowledge on the original E/M guidelines will be critical.
This course analyzes the 2021 CPT E/M guidelines that apply to office new and established patient visits and presents them in the distilled understandable format for which KZA is known. Building on what providers are currently doing, the restructured elements of Medical Decision Making and Time are broken down and explained. We will also update providers on all E/M guidelines for ED, inpatient, observation, and consultation codes, as well as review the essential topics of NPP Billing and how to use E/M Modifiers.
The course includes “hands-on” coding of E/M notes. Participants will have the opportunity to test their understanding and leave empowered with knowledge of when to use these guidelines for successful reimbursement.
2021 AAPC Accreditation
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 4.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
You will receive a physical workbook(s) prior to the virtual meeting by Fed Ex. The workbooks will be sent to the address provided in the order. If staff will be attending from home please indicate where the book should be sent. If they should be sent to a different address please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the address.
After registering you will receive an initial confirmation with details for the workshop. You will receive an additional email with login instructions.
Check your spam folder in case the email is directed to that folder. It is important that you provide the email address of the person who will be participating in the event. Each separate participant requires a unique email address.
*You will have access to the content for 30 days from the time you receive the access information. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Once you receive your login information you can test your connection on the device you will be using for the on-demand workshop.
Even though you aren’t in the room with the instructor you will still have the opportunity to ask questions. There will be designated Q&A segments for each course during which both in-person and remote attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions. These questions will be submitted through a panel on the virtual meeting player.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying workbook without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
1:00 PM - 1:15 PM
E/M Categories of Service: Office, Consultations, Inpatient, Observation
1:15 PM - 3:00 PM
E/M Levels of Service: Office and Outpatient Setting (99202-99215)
- MDM Criteria – key definitions
- Time Criteria
- Exercises: Documentation Review Using 2021 Guidelines
3:00PM - 3:15PM
3:15 PM - 3:45 pm
E/M Levels of Service: Other Settings
- History, Exam, Medical Decision Making: Key Documentation Issues
- What’s on the horizon for E/M changes?
3:45 pm - 4:15 PM
E/M Modifiers 24, 57, 25
- Modifier 25 with E/M services and joint injections
- When shouldn’t E/M services and procedures be reported together?
- Appeal strategies for E/M and office procedures.
4:15 -pm 4:45 pm
PA and NP Billing for Medicare
- Define “incident to”, split/shared, and direct reporting.
- 2021 CPT addresses split/shared for the first time.
- Differentiate billing options for office and hospital places of service.
- Tools for tracking payor use of these reporting options
4:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- Does your radiology interpretation stand up to scrutiny?
- Understand requirements for reporting a global X-ray service vs. taking medical decision-making points.
Consultant and Speaker