Power Coding in the ER and OR
Surgery Coding Essentials for CPT and ICD-10-CM
why participate in an on-demand workshop?
- Learn at your own pace. Start and stop when it is convenient for you.
- With travel limitations, this is a great option.
- Earn CME and CEU credit hours with the completion of an online evaluation and test.
- Receive the same great workbook and alumni resources.
- You will receive your workbook approximately four business days after you register.
We’ll continue our extended coverage of subspecialty coding content and case exercises to boost your confidence in common orthopaedic scenarios. Learn to apply surgical modifiers to protect reimbursement and appropriately differentiate CPT rules from Medicare NCCI edits and guidelines. You’ll leave with awareness of reimbursement methodologies for bundled payment, including the importance of Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) and their relationship to comorbidities, and, of course, with the latest 2020 code changes and NCCI updates.
- Use new CPT codes for total joint arthroplasty following infection.
- Summarize the connection between documenting and coding relevant comorbidities and Hierarchical Condition Categories, and how they are both used in bundled payment contracting.
- Differentiate AAOS Global Service Guidelines from NCCI guidelines for Medicare.
- Apply surgical modifiers correctly to prevent denials.
- Identify how restorative care is defined and how it impacts fracture code selection.
- Demonstrate surgical coding comprehension through new practice exercises.
Power Coding in the ER and OR
$925/ AAOS Member
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 6.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Credit is available after completion of an evaluation and a 40 question test.
2020 CME Credit for Physicians
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
You will receive a physical workbook(s) approximately four business days after you register. Workbooks will be shipped via FedEx to the address(es) provided in the order. If staff will be viewing from home, please indicate where the workbooks should be sent.
After registering you will receive an initial confirmation with details for the workshop. You will receive an additional email with login instructions.
Check your spam folder in case the email is directed to that folder. It is important that you provide the email address of the person who will be participating in the event. Each separate participant requires a unique email address.
*You will have access to the content for 30 days from the time you receive the access information. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Once you receive your login information you can test your connection on the device you will be using for the on-demand workshop.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying workbook without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
CPT and NCCI for 2020 –
What’s New or Changed NEW!
Global Surgical Package / AAOS Global Service Guidelines / NCCI Guidelines
- Navigate the maze of coding vs. reimbursement rules that impact your orthopaedic practice.
- H&Ps—Are They Billable?
Hierarchical Condition Categories and Comorbidities NEW!
- What’s the connection and why are they important?
- How are HCCs used in bundled payment contracting?
- Review definitions and practical scenarios for using
- Same day modifiers: 50, 51, 59, X-mods, F and T modifiers
- Global period modifiers: 58, 78, 79
- Role and Complexity Modifiers: 62, 80, AS, 22, 52
- Identify the difference between modifier 51 and 59—key in shoulder, knee, and spine.
- What exactly is restorative care?
- Understand how to code for fracture treatment that begins in the ER and the office—to use global fracture codes or not?
- Fracture treatment shared by NPPs and physicians
EXPANDED TO 3+ HOURS WITH UPDATED SCENARIOS!
Surgical Coding Concepts for:
- Sports Medicine:
- Common coding issues for knee arthroscopy, shoulder procedures, and hip arthroscopy
- Clarify how to define limited vs extensive in arthroscopic shoulder debridement, and how CMS NCCI policies impact code use.
- Adult Reconstruction for Hip, Knee, and Shoulders
- Learn how to use new CPT codes for insertion and removal of drug delivery devices used in staged infection treatment
- Clarify how to choose correct CPT and ICD-10-CM codes for tendon repairs
- Neuroplasty codes for wrist and elbow
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- CMC Arthroplasty
- Foot & Ankle procedures:
- Arthrodesis concepts
- Lisfranc injuries
- Tendon and Ligament procedures
- Hallux Valgus correction and associated procedures
1 hour 30 minutes
Surgical Coding Concepts (continued)
Don't forget to sign
up for our live
Interact with our expert
instructors for a
Consultant and Speaker
Consultant and Speaker