Power Surgical Coding
why attend a virtual meeting?
- Since we can not travel, this is a great option.
- Receive the same great workbook and alumni resources.
- Participate live by submitting questions to speakers and participating in polling.
- Earn up to 6.5 CEU credit hours.
Power Surgical Coding – Saturday, September 25, 2021
Course begins at 8 AM CST and adjourns at 4 PM CST
Extended coverage of subspecialty coding content and case exercises to boost your confidence in common orthopaedic scenarios, including spine surgery basics. Learn to apply surgical modifiers to protect reimbursement and appropriately differentiate CPT rules from Medicare NCCI edits and guidelines. You’ll leave with awareness of reimbursement methodologies for bundled payment, and, of course, with the latest 2021 code changes and NCCI updates.
2021 AAPC Accreditation
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 6.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
You will receive a physical workbook(s) prior to the virtual meeting by Fed Ex. The workbooks will be sent to the address provided in the order. If staff will be attending from home please indicate where the book should be sent. If they should be sent to a different address please email email@example.com and we will update the address.
After registering you will receive an initial confirmation with details for the workshop. You will receive an additional email with login instructions.
Check your spam folder in case the email is directed to that folder. It is important that you provide the email address of the person who will be participating in the event. Each separate participant requires a unique email address.
*You will have access to the content for 30 days from the time you receive the access information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Once you receive your login information you can test your connection on the device you will be using for the on-demand workshop.
Even though you aren’t in the room with the instructor you will still have the opportunity to ask questions. There will be designated Q&A segments for each course during which both in-person and remote attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions. These questions will be submitted through a panel on the virtual meeting player.
The workshop content is copyrighted property of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. Any rebroadcast, reproduction, or other use of the pictures, content and accounts of this workshop or the accompanying workbook without the express written consent of KarenZupko & Associates, Inc. is prohibited.
*agenda subject to change
8:00 AM - 8:45 AM
CPT and CMS/NCCI for 2021 –
What’s New or Changed NEW!
Global Surgical Package / AAOS Global Service Guidelines / NCCI Guidelines
- Navigate the maze of coding vs. reimbursement rules that impact your orthopaedic practice.
- H&Ps – Are They Billable?
- Understanding Pre-Optimization
- 2021 AAOS Global Service Guideline changes
8:45 AM - 10:00 AM
- Defend same-day and global period services from denial.
- Identify the difference between modifier 51 and 59—key in shoulder, knee, and spine.
10:00AM - 10:15AM
10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
- What exactly is restorative care?
- Fractures in the ER, Urgent Care and the office – to use global fracture codes or not?
- Fracture treatment shared by NPPs and physicians
- Hardware removal – updated AAOS guidance
- Debridement and wound vacs
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Surgical Coding Concepts for:
- Adult Reconstruction
11:30AM - 12:30PM
12:30 PM - 2:15 PM
Surgical Coding Concepts for:
- Sports Medicine
- Foot & Ankle
- Spine surgery basics
2:15 PM - 2:30 PM
2:30 PM - 4:00 pm
Surgical Coding Concepts, (continued)
Consultant and Speaker