The Essential Guide to Coding in Otolaryngology Coding, Billing, and Practice Management, Second Edition
The FIRST Coding Book BY Otolaryngologists FOR Otolaryngologists!
Book just released 9/15/2021.
The Essential Guide to Coding in Otolaryngology: Coding, Billing, and Practice Management, Second Edition is a comprehensive manual on how to properly and compliantly code for both surgical and non-surgical services. It is a practical guide for all otolaryngology providers in the United States, including physicians early in their career requiring a working knowledge of the basics, experienced providers looking to understand the latest updates with ICD-10-CM and CPT changes, related specialists providing otolaryngologic health care, and office administrative teams managing coding and billing. Included are sections on how to approach otolaryngology coding for all sub-specialties in both the office and operating room. Foundational topics, such as understanding the CPT and ICD-10-CM systems, use of modifiers, managing claim submissions and appeals, legal implications for the provider, coding for physician extenders, and strategies to optimize billing, are presented by experts in the field.
Focused on a practical approach to coding, billing, and practice management, this text is user friendly and written for the practicing physician, audiologist, speech pathologist, physician extender, and coder. The income and integrity of a medical practice is tied to the effectiveness of coding and billing management. As profit margins are squeezed, the ability to optimize revenue by compliant coding is of the upmost importance. The Essential Guide to Coding in Otolaryngology: Coding, Billing, and Practice Management, Second Edition is vital not only for new physicians but for experienced otolaryngologists.
New to the Second Edition:
- Strategies for integrating revised guidelines for coding and documenting office visits
- New and evolving office and surgical procedures, including Eustachian tube dilation and lateral nasal wall implants
- Updated coding for endoscopic sinus surgery and balloon sinus dilation
- Information on billing for telehealth visits
- Revision of all sub-specialty topics reflecting changes in coding and new technologies
- New and revised audiologic diagnostic testing codes
- All chapters written by practicing otolaryngologists, health care providers, practice managers, legal experts, and coding experts
- Discussion of the foundations of coding, billing, and practice management as well as advanced and complex topics
- Otolaryngology subspecialty-focused discussion of office-based and surgical coding
- Tips on how to code correctly in controversial areas, including the use of unlisted codes
- A robust index for easy reference
By Seth M. Brown, Kimberley J. Pollock, Michael Setzen, Abtin Tabaee